Terry Garrison is a candidate experienced in leadership with local, state and national organizations. Vote November 8, 2016 to elect Terry Garrison to the North Carolina House of Representatives for District 32 - Vance, Granville and Warren Counties
GARRISON FOR NC HOUSE PLATFORM
As a member of the NC Legislature, my major areas of focus will be:
- Education – Preserve and strengthen traditional public schools and higher education opportunities.
- Economic Development – Support policy and efforts that encourage industrial and business growth and development across the state but particularly within rural areas, and create jobs that pay livable wages.
- Voting Rights – Support legislation that encourages more citizens to exercise their constitutional right to vote.
- Medicaid – Support legislation that expands Medicaid to help the most vulnerable citizens in our state as well as to provide more job opportunities.
- Mental Health – Support legislation that provide more efficient services to those who need the service rather than being jailed because of failure within the system.
- Community Development – Support legislation that helps local governments or other public entities with improving substandard neighborhoods and provide job opportunities for the unemployed living in those neighborhoods to help reduce crime and other social ills that typically occur in such neighborhoods.
- Unfunded Mandates- Support legislation that provides, restores, or fulfill funding promised to local governments for mandated programs or services.